We should have been on a 12:05pm flight from London Heathrow to Chicago O’Hare, but we were not.
Instead, we’ll be flying home on Wednesday via Dusseldorf. It’s the wrong direction, but it will do. Crazy weather has disrupted travel well beyond our own doorstep, but it’s cute watching the birds walk on water.
Here are some things you need to know when your United flight is cancelled:
– There is a domestic and an international customer service center. Both are in the US. Both have 800 numbers. 95% percent of the agents at both centers hate you.
– Agents are not all aware that there is a time difference between Itching, Alaska and Paris, France.
– Using Skype to navigate an automated system is nails on a chalkboard.
– Reservations mean diddly squat.
– There is one kind soul who gave me her time and found us a flight home before Christmas Eve. I wish I could remember and pronounce her name. (I will try to find out.)